BACKGROUND: We understands that your privacy is important and that you would like to know how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, independent-weddings.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in Part 14, below; and
“Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
2. Information About Us
This site is a directory website, and as such each individual listing “post” has been requested by the venue or supplier.
If there are any queries about individual posts on the site, please contact them directly.
For any other queries relating to the content of the website, please contact us below:
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 0800 6444 566
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data covers information such as your name and contact details, as well as information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
5. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
a) The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
b) The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
c) The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
d) The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
e) The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
f) The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
g) The right to data portability.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 15.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
6. What Data Do We Collect?
• Email address;
• Telephone number;
• Information about your wedding;
• Information about your preferences and interests;
• IP address;
• Web browser type and version;
• Operating system;
• A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to.
7. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
• Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site.
• Supplying our products and services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
• Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you.
• Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
• Supplying you with information by email and post. Please note that you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by contacting us via any of the contact methods listed in Part 15.
• Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone and/or post with information, news, and offers on our products and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
Third Parties whose content appears on Our Site may use third-party Cookies, as detailed below in Part 14. Please refer to Part 14 for more information on controlling cookies. Please note that we do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data that they collect and use themselves, and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
8. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation.
9. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
10. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply certain products and services and to offer an improved user experience on Our site. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
We may transfer your data to the following third parties:
• Marketing Service Providers: Our partners who work with us to ensure we send you information about products, service and special offers that may be of interest to you.
• Regulators and other governmental agencies or law enforcement agencies
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.
If any personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
11. How Can I Control My Personal Data?
11.1 In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails).
11.2 You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
12. Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
13. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email addresses shown in Part 15.
We will respond to your subject access request within 21 days and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
By using Our Site, you may also receive certain third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third-party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. Third-party Cookies are used on Our Site for the following companies:
Google (.google.com): Analytics to measure how users interact with our website.
Facebook (.facebook.com): Allows us to display targeted adverts based on your shopping experience.
Hotjar (.hotjar.com): Helps us to improve user experience and performance on Our Site.
YouTube (.youtube.com): For video content sharing and display.
All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
Upon entering Our Site, the above-mentioned Cookies may be activated. By continuing to use Our Site, you are giving your consent to the placing of Cookies to provide the best possible experience and service to you. If you do not consent to Cookies being set, please stop using Our Site immediately or disable cookies within your internet browser. Please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
15. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details;
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 0800 6444566
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
Terms of using “our site”
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- As a directory, we are not liable for any inaccuracies, errors or suitability of information on any directory entries “posts”. You knowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Where errors or inaccuracies are highlighted, we will take adequate action to make amendments if permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All “posts” on our website have been granted permission to be listed by the venue or supplier in question. Any questions or queries that you have in relation to information on a “post” is to be directed to the business advertised on the “post”.
- Use of our website by any third party software is not permitted unless permission is granted by MacMartin Creative Limited.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.